Each day is a new opportunity however there is something simply magical about the start of the new year. It is a time of new beginnings. The endless opportunities to set new goals or revive old ones. This is the perfect time to simplify life and create new routines and plans. It is also a great time to reflect on the past and put a plan together on what you would like to do better.
Plan it out!
One of the things that worked really well for me this year is planning out all my meals. Figuring out what is for dinner was one of the most stressful parts of my day. Whether you like to cook or not, I am sure know what I am talking about. I am not a huge fan of cooking. I know it relaxes some people and if you are that person that please tell me your secret! :).
Write it down!
So now that you have an idea of what you are serving for dinner this week how are you going to remember it. Well. Here is the best tip we have! Writing down your menu plan gets that stored information out of your head so you don’t have to remember it. Brain space is a valuable commodity!
Why we do this! 5 reasons to plan your meals
There are a number of amazing reasons why this works so well! (Plus we just love to plan but here is WHY we love to plan!)
1. Healthy dinners. Having that plan in place and thinking about what I am going to serve my family allows me to be more conscientious of what I am feeding them. When you do not have to make rash decisions about dinner you can eat healthier. Looking to bone up on your nutrition knowledge? Get more handy facts about healthy eating here.
2. Shopping aficionado. Jotting down your meal plan will prepare you for grocery store bliss! Knowing what each meal entails will give you the foresight to put together a list of all the needed items for each of those delectable recipes.
3. Decision Done! I found that planning out my menu for the week takes the guess work out of that part of your day. It is such a freeing experience to come home after a long day at work or running around doing errands and not have to make that dreaded decision of what is for dinner.
4. Stick to the list. My shopping trips have been less stressful and more productive. I know what I need, and I resist buying the things I DON’T need! #TheStruggleIsReal
5. Saves you money! Since I don’t buy the extra stuff I save myself a lot of mulah. I also find I don’t waste food like I used to in the past. How many times have you bought something for a dinner and never used it because you forgot you had it and it spoils or goes bad. Yeah. Me too.
We believe that having some great tools at the tips of your fingers will help make your more successful. I want to share the printable I have been using to make this process a breeze. You can download it here!
We do love to see how other planner addict plan so feel free to be social and share your meal plans with us. Fair warning, we may ask you for that recipe or better yet we may just invite ourselves over for dinner.